Saturday, May 14, 2011

Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit VII--the not so good part.

Sign at the Louisville airport welcoming travelers to the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit VII
The gorgeous and HUGE facility that housed the conference
Some pictures of my suite



I'm quite sure my entire church would fit just in the foyer area of this place.


Here's the trusty vehicle I rented to get me around there in Kentucky.
I couldn't pass up a photo of the horse in front of the Kentucky Derby shop at the airport.




I just got home this afternoon from Summit VII in Louisville, Kentucky and I really don't know where to begin to even try to express in words what a profound experience this was. My head is swimming, my heart is over-flowing, yet my fingers sit idly on the keyboard for prolonged periods of time. I truly do not know how to start.

So I guess we could just get the bad parts over with. On the way out I sat in the middle seat (my least favorite spot) on both legs of the journey and between two guys each time. Between Boise and Denver the elbows of the guys on each side of me were both extending beyond their armrests, I very truly had about 1 inch of space between the toe of my shoe and the outer perimeter of my carry-on suitcase stowed securely under the seat in front of me, and we had some pretty decided and on-going turbulence. Also about Monday I'd started getting a scratchy, kinda sore throat and sure enough the 'common cold' had found me. Wednesday I started with the Thera-Flu medicine. Good grief! Thursday afternoon and evening and even more so all day Friday my poor red nose was just a non-stop flow of watery snot. So, so, so disgusting! And here I am in the middle of all these people just blowing and wiping, discarding tissue and trying to take notes! We are talking gross!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you were able to attend! So sorry you had to have a miserable cold to tag along with you. Maybe one of these days, I'll get to go too!

    ReplyDelete