Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WHEW! All my freaking out was unnecessary :)

I was very concerned that maybe our I800A hadn't actually made it to USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) after all. BUT I stopped at the bank and got a print-out of our account and it showed that the check I'd written them was clearing today and when I checked the mail this afternoon there was a Form 797-C, Notice of Action from the USCIS Department of Home land Security saying that our I-800A was indeed received by them on August 31 as scheduled and is in process. That is a relief! The next thing we should receive from them is a biometrics (fingerprint) appointment.

I don't remember receiving this form when we sent paperwork for either Caleb and Steven's adoptions--maybe because Ukraine was not a Hague country? I am impressed that it even includes a phone number and email address for questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment