Friday, September 17, 2010

Give and it shall be given unto you

I'm ashamed to say that during this adoption process I have had several times when I've felt very miserly. I think that's the right word. Because I see the huge expense still ahead I have pictured myself as tightly clinging to the dollars we have instead of having a generous and liberal heart. (Reminds me of Buzzle Billy in a children's book we used to own: "Mine! Mine! Mine! I will not share! Mine! Mine! Mine! I won't play fair!") I don't like this.

Just a few minutes ago as I was writing checks for some ministries we support, I was reminded of a couple Bible verses.

My God shall supply ALL your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

and

GIVE and it shall be given unto you, pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men pour into your bosom.

Please forgive if the 'quotes' aren't exactly word for word. I don't have a KJV Bible in front of me right this second and I'm too lazy to go down the hall and grab one. But it is so encouraging to be reminded that GOD--our Daddy-- is our source.

1 comment:

  1. Sowing and reaping were God's original idea! He blesses that which we sow into for his purposes! Stay faithful, HE WILL DO IT!

    ReplyDelete