Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


We had a lovely Thanksgiving. I have been blessed with a wonderful family.

I wanted to hurry and get this post from Reece's Rainbow on here before the stroke of midnight. Oops! I see that it doesn't totally fit. Sorry about that. Hopefully you can still get the gist of it. Please visit www.reecesrainbow.org for more information about this wonderful ministry started by a MOM of a little boy with Down syndrome, Andrea Roberts, who was named an Angel in Adoption for 2010 and People Magazine's Hero of the Year. As most of you know, through this ministry our family has been blessed with Caleb, Steven and Abby.

Reece's Rainbow - Yes, I am an orphan, but I am THANKFUL because....

......I was BORN

... I know my "forever family" is out there looking for me.

....God promised me He wouldn't leave me in this mental institution.

...God has a plan for my life!

...NEXT YEAR I could be home with my family!

...I can still smile through my loneliness.

...I'm waiting at the end of Reece's Rainbow

....I have a chance to find my "forever family"....and I know I won't have to wait much longer.

Reece's Rainbow raises money

to help families afford the high cost of adopting orphans with Down syndrome internationally.

These children languish in orphanages and mental institutions around the world. Their human value and amazing potential is not recognized, and they are often left to perish alone.

In only 4 years, thegifts and advocacy efforts of individuals and groups such as you have made it possible for more than 350+ children

with Down syndrome and other special needs to be adopted into loving "forever families".

DONATIONS
during our Christmas Angel Tree Project
and throughout the year ensure that ALL of these kids never have to spend another Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, birthday....ALONE.

1) Forward this email to everyone you know

2) Post www.reecesrainbow.org

throughout Facebook

3) Watch and share our Christmas video

4) Encourage friends and family from all over the world, regardless of faith or nationality, to help save the life of a beautiful, deserving orphan with Down syndrome.




No comments:

Post a Comment