Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ZooBoise--April 19

Steven on the baby tiger near the actual Tiger Exhibit--above and below.
Below: B on the same little tiger.
Here's Steven the tortoise
Here are B and Steven astride the Komodo Dragon

Here's Steven inside an imitation termite or ant hill
J on the camel
J waiting to be hatched
Look Mom! There's two hatchlings in that shell.

On Monday the 19th our kids were all out of school for a teacher in-service so after Caleb and Steven's occupational therapy we all headed for Boise. My Dad was to be honored later that night at the Southern Idaho District Council of the Assemblies of God in Nampa for 50 years as an ordained minister and I wanted our family to be there to show our love and support. (Kevin wanted to go, too, but it didn't work out due to job schedule.) Funny thing was that as we turned into the Rose Garden there by the zoo, who should be standing out in the parking lot but my mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law!! So of course, we all had to pile out of the car and exclaim and hug and chat and fan ourselves (82 degrees!!) Finally we went our separate ways until the evening service.

The Crew and I went on into the zoo. I was pleasantly surprised at the addition of lions and giraffes since I'd been there last and I really was impressed with the whole Africa exhibit. Sorry the pictures don't show everyone but the girls took Caleb and kind of went off on their own.

By the way, the evening service was great (the speaker was absolutely hilarious while getting across the eternally significant meaning of the word "grace") and afterwards there was a time of finger foods and chatting. It was about 2:15 am on Tuesday when I tumbled into my beddy-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment