Thursday, March 10, 2011

Power of Attorney on its way!

Kevin was making deliveries in OUR area today so we grabbed the opportunity to stop at City Hall to get this second edition of our Power of Attorney notarized.

Then I came home to try to find out whether anyone on my Yahoo group is traveling to AbbyLand next weekend. YES!! My on-line friend, Lori, is flying out about then but needs to have any paperwork for Toni by the 16th--as in 6 days from now. Thankfully, she was hanging close to the internet and was able to supply me with the needed address, etc within a reasonably short amount of time.

Getting the document to her by the 16th wouldn't be an issue at all if it weren't for the fact that it has to take the scenic route--a little side-trip to the Secretary of State in Boise for an apostille along the way. I'm glad that the Idaho office seems to be much faster than some others.

So anyway, I jumped in the suburban and headed to town but I was having a little difficulty handling it on the road. I thought, oh great! maybe I have a flat tire. So I pulled off the road, nearly got my arm caught in the door (my coat caught on something sticking out from the edge of the door), circled the vehicle and was relieved to find all tires inflated. I climbed back in, tried to shut my door and it just bounced open. Tried again--just bounced open. Oh good grief!! I messed and messed with the latch only managing to get my fingers greasy. Why does this ridiculous stuff happen when I'm on an adoption errand. I said right out loud, "Devil you are a liar!" Adoption is something that GOD loves and Satan hates. I prayed--and called my sweetie. :) He told me how to easily fix the latch, we decided it must be the wind that was making the suburban harder to drive, and I was on my way.

And the document is now on its way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment