Monday, October 25, 2010

The Joys of Paperwork

Our addendum arrived at USCIS this morning but I'm not sure the post office was able to deliver it. I think I may have messed up again (imagine that! --smile) because I wanted to be able to track it so I spent the extra 70 cents for delivery confirmation. The tracking info said that delivery was attempted and the USPS left a notice at the address. Does that mean someone from USCIS will have to go down to the post office to pick it up or ask to have it re-delivered? Now THAT would definitely not speed up the process. Bummer.

I got worried a night or two ago because in re-reading the pink slip notice we got from USCIS, I was afraid they might actually be requesting a whole amended home study rather than the simple addendum that I was so happy to put in the mail on Friday. However, this morning Carla told me that she thinks the addendum will be fine. What a relief.

I have re-typed all the dossier documents that had Kevin's old passport information in them (since his updated one has arrived in the meantime) and have re-printed the medical forms. The medicals expire every 6 months so Carla is suggesting that we get them up-dated so everything will be as up-to-date as possible when we (FINALLY) send our dossier. I plan to wait until I know we have USCIS approval before I take them to our doctors (just in case there are other issues with our I800A application, I don't want to lose precious time off that 6 months window)

No comments:

Post a Comment