Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Blessing of Down Syndrome

This was written in a new parent handbook. It was written
by Roxanne Powers and written for her good friend 2 days after finding out about
her daughter's Ds. She said to use and share :-)

Hi! I am a child with Down syndrome. I have an extra chromosome-
I think because God knew I would have to deal with all the extra love I have.

My eyes are slightly almond-shaped- I think because God knew
That it would make it easier for them to crinkle when I smile.

My little finger turns in a bit- I think because God knew
That it would make it easier for me to grasp another's hand.

Some children with Down Syndrome have heart murmurs- I think
That's because their hearts are so filled with sharing that it's bound to be a
little noisy!

I move at a little slower pace- I think that's because God wanted other people
To slow down a bit- to savor the sweetness I have to share.

So, you see, God made me from a special recipe;
He made me by His own laws- for a very special cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment