Monday, March 12, 2012

The Little Lion

My buddy Ruslan is still waiting for a mommy. I just found out today his name means "lion-like!" Love it!! I like strong, kingly names--like William and James, the names of our older sons. I like names of biblical men who stood tall and straight for the Lord in spite of great opposition--like Caleb and Steven, our younger sons (and James as well.)

It reminds me of Jesus, the all-time BIG lion. He is portrayed in the Bible as "the Lion of the tribe of Judah." There is none stronger nor more kingly; there is none who has stood so tall and straight in the face of such opposition in all of history. His is the name before whom we all will one day bow.

Oh Jesus, may Ruslan find a godly family who will raise him up to love you and serve you and copy his life after yours: the Little Lion in loving service to the BIG Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment