Monday, August 8, 2011

Apologies to Vili

While still in Bulgaria, Abby's caregiver, Vili, let me know that Abby wanted a Piglet cake for her birthday. Well, yesterday I drove around to bakery after bakery and none do the kind of cake Abby had requested. Several did a cake with several of the Winnie the Poo characters, including Piglet--but on those the piggy was only about 1 1/2 inches long--certainly not the main thing. I tried to imagine in my head how I with my limited baking skills could somehow compose a cake that anyone could recognize as looking anything like a pig--and decided not to do it.

The theme I chose instead was Princess. The cake I ordered is beautiful with Barbie and many shades of pink. The napkins and cups are pink and have a tiara on them. The tablecloth, silverware and cups are pink. The party favors all have to do with the Princess idea. This is a popular birthday theme for little girls here.

I'm sorry, Vili. I truly hope Abby will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment