Monday, November 5, 2012

Volcanos & Halloween~October 31, 2012

Oops!  I forgot to make an entry about my hoodlums on Halloween.  I already posted pictures of Caleb, Steven and James in their costumes a few days ago.  Billy dressed up as a Boise State Bronco fan, Scheri as a Hansen Huskey basketball player, and Teresa was a rock band member.  I was stationed down at the church for the annual Trunk or Treat so it was already dark when I saw the older girls so their pictures didn't turn out.  But at least I can include Princess Abby and Boise Bronco Billy.  Shhhhh!  Don't tell!  We never did get around to carving pumpkins this year--and so far none of my kids have complained about it.


Princess Abby and The Great Pumpkin
Billy

Caleb went through the Trunk or Treat line of cars about 5 times I think before actually going door to door with Scheri.


Scheri


Also on Sunday evening October 27, Abby and I baked chocolate cakes to use as the base for her school volcano project.  She and I practiced mixing the baking soda and vinegar to watch the chemical reaction.  We ended up having to make a paper cone top on our volcano because the BBQ sauce bottle we were using for the funnel was too tall for our cake.

The little bottle is holding the 1/4 cup of vinegar to be added during class time.

No comments:

Post a Comment